Grilled Rare Wasabi Tuna
6-8 oz. Tuna Fillets
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fine Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Ikedas Creamy Wasabi Sauce
- Preheat the grill to a very high temperature.
- Season tuna with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place tuna on grill for 30 seconds, then turn 90 degrees for 30 more seconds to get nice grill marks.
- Flip tuna and cook for a few more seconds, leaving the fish rare in the middle.
- Take each plate and pour a generous amount of Ikedas Creamy Wasabi Sauce covering whole plate.
- Drizzle soy sauce, in zig zag fashion, over Wasabi sauce (the contrast of black and green is an awesome presentation).
- Drop grilled tuna steak in middle of each plate.
2 Eggs, Beaten
1 cup COLD Water
2 tablespoons Dry White Wine
1 cup Floure Directions:
- Using cold water (about 40°) is a must.
- This keeps the batter from becoming sticky. When you add the eggs and flour, whisk quickly just to mix it in evenly. Sticky batter results in oily tempura.
- Heat the oil to 340° in a deep, thick-walled pan or wok.
- Slice vegetables thin (the thinner the vegetable, the faster it cooks).
- Green beans, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, zucchini and carrots work excellent.
- Dip veggies in batter and place them in the oil-careful not to splash.
- Take the tempura out of the oil just when the batter gets SLIGHTLY brown.
- Serve together with hot, fluffy jasmine or short grain white rice.
Download: Grilled Rare Wasabi Tuna and Vegetable Tempura Recipe